What's your clipless preference?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
John the Monkey said:
I don't know what shoes you have, but my MT41s have the same problem.

However, if you stuff them with newspaper (pick up a metro or three on the way in) as soon as you get in, then change the newspaper at lunchtime, they should be reasonably comfortable for the ride home.

The other option is waterproof overshoes, I guess.

They are fairly low end Shimano shoes that I bought some years ago to support my earlier commuting by cheapish MTB when I started to take a greater interest in cycling. I could use overshoes - just worried about ruining them with walking on the strappy bits under the sole.

OP
OP
G

GrahamG

Guru
I'm OK with the shoes, just bought a pair of these as I seem to get cold feet on all but the hottest days:
http://www.bikemagic.com/news/article/mps/uan/5999

MessenJah

Rider
GrahamG said:
Yeah, the M540 double sided job that's one up from the cheapest is £25 from Parker international vs. £40 odd for the cheapest atac model. I think I was just being far too anal about it to be honest :smile:
Far more importantly, I've bought my first pair of shop fitted shoes for my relatively wide feet (I've always used oversized narrow shimano's or diadora and never been comfortable!) - felt great!
I thought the cheapest atacs (the alium model) were about 26 quid :wacko:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Graham G
Yeah, the M540 double sided job that's one up from the cheapest is £25 from Parker international vs. £40 odd for the cheapest atac model.
MessenJah said:
I thought the cheapest atacs (the alium model) were about 26 quid ;)
Yup, Parkers are also selling Time ATAC aliums for £29, rrp £35. ATACs are meant to have more float than SPDs so nicer for your knees. I'm an ATAC fan, but have never used anything else so I can't really compare - that said, everyone I know who uses them wouldn't use anything else.

Top Bottom