what's your demand for cycling clothes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

haegeon

Hi, We are two International Fashion students currently working on the development of a sustainable cycling wear collection. By answering our questions you can help us to find out what is most important for cycling wear and which sustainable features you would appreciate.We hope that you can enjoy our questionnaire.

Or you can just answer here that will help a lot to make new cycling clothes :laugh:

http://kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersur...wiksurveys.com

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
The questionaire is flawed as it asks for number 7 what do you think should be improved, and none of the options are applicable for my prefered clothing and brand. Number 9 also references what are important choices when purchasing clothes and does not have an option for price, which matters to many people. This is why Aldi had people waiting outside when they started to recently stock cycle gear again.

Personally speaking, I could not care less about sustainability. I have no interest if minors earning a couple of quid a week in some sweat shop are making my clothes out of puppy dog skins. I must simply like them. I would not be against wearing sustainable clothing but it would not be a deciding factor in my purchase.
My favorite brand is Castelli and I adore the San Marino skin suits which are technically advanced, lightweight and above all really stylish imho.
In comparison I like the quality of Rapha clothing, have no issue with the price but hate the styling, it all looks like its from 1963
What I am seeking however is bespoke quality cycling gear with bespoke one off logos, I am unable to find this anywhere, you either get low quality gear, or have to purchase volumes of the product.

hth

I think you need to make the survey clearer and more user friendly. You have a 1-8 ranking system in the questions explanation, but the questions don't make it clear you can only accept that option once (Q8) and also you have a rank of 9.... which is outside of the explanation... The questions seem to general, trying to compare clothing that is so different (leggings verses tops) that covering all categories is difficult. As for range of costs - you have nothing below €40. I have stuff that costs £5 and is fantastic at what it does and stuff that cost £175 and is amazing at what it does. I have had stuff in between that is not great at what it does and I gotten rid of it, but I can't see how I could answer your question, I'm afraid.

Also very few people are aware of plastic recycling into material etc - I have Onya shopping bags which constantly surprise people as to what they are and what they are made from. I also have (by accident rather than design) a sleeping bag made from recycled material - unless you read the literature with the bag you would never know - it met my requirements and was in stock when I needed an emergency bag - would I have purchased it otherwise, no but my usual brand was not available to me.

I'm also unsure on your use of 'sustainable'. I understand it to be re-useable/constantly there as it wind energy. Recycled/more environmentally friendly is not the same as sustainable.

OP
OP
H

haegeon

Yes I actually found out that problem, but there is no option to change that. I should've changed the question. And thank you very much for the comments on my question. Yes that's true "sustainable" can be confusing. I've been using it for a while for fashion so I thought it's also kinda general for normal people. Thank you very much again

OP
OP
H

haegeon

V for Vengedetta

I was surpirsed that you don't like Rapha cos of its design. I thought it's like the only(?) or best reason to buy Rapha at that prices compared to other brands. I personally like Rapha's deisgn very much yes it looks like old school but that's the feeling of Italian vintage sportswear (in a way)

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Im a geek through and through, I adore technology. My favorite item of cycle clothing is the Castelli San Marino Speed Suit.. it is a fresh look at the jersey and bib short, I really like the fact they have stiched the sides and back of jersey to the shorts, thus removing the need for straps on the bib shorts.
This also means the jersey never rides up your back, you can also open the jersey fully and it does not flap excessively in the wind. When you combine these features with an areo textured material, great fit and design along with bags of style you do not mind paying for it so much.
Rapha stuff is pretty, nice quality, but its the same stuff as what everyone else is doing, no thinking outside the box, pushing the limits of design or materials. The feature set is nothing special. Rapha harks of a bygone age which I do not wish to visit. I have no desire to dress like my father did in his youth.

I would still buy Castelli and Assos even if the prices increased substantially and not touch Rapha style design if the prices halved, as such what ever you do make sure you know your target market.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Question 8 - "Please use ranking only once for each question" made me shut down the survey due to frustration - I have limited time in my lunch break which I guess is where a lot of people would answer this questionairre.

Top Bottom