What's your favourite Xmas song?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Seevio

Guru
I don't like Christmas songs because if they were any good, they would sound good at any time of year, if a little displaced. That said, X-M@$ by Corey Taylor is OK. (it's somewhat NSFW)

Lullabelle

Banana
The pogues and Fairy tale of New York of course. :laugh:

No sorry :headshake: :stop:

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Never heard that before... wow! ...it sounds like something from The Wicker Man.

Brilliant isn't it? I heard it on the radio on Sunday in the car and came home to try to find out what it was, when I found it was by some early 60s American band leader I was a bit surprised. The musical arrangement could easily be from some modern gothic horror movie couldn't it?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Brilliant isn't it? I heard it on the radio on Sunday in the car and came home to try to find out what it was, when I found it was by some early 60s American band leader I was a bit surprised. The musical arrangement could easily be from some modern gothic horror movie couldn't it?
I've got a few Ray Coniff albums but that one... it's now on my 'want' list. :smile:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It has a Harry Potter vibe, when the choir sing in hogwarts.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I have to admit Harry Potter is not my field of expertise, you could write what I know about Harry Potter on the back of a postage stamp with a 4" paintbrush.

Seevio

Guru
Since the last post I have discovered a new favourite.

Imagine an Italian heavy metal band. (Apparently that is a thing)
Now imagine they do a gospel song for christmas complete with choir singing praise the lord etc
Being a heavy metal band, they decide that the Lord in question should be Odin.
But being modern times, raping and pillaging is right out so Odin is now god of Ikea.

I present, Nanowar of Steel - Valhhaleluja

Top Bottom