What's your favourite Xmas song?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
since they get over played every year, it's more a case of least despised rather than a firm favourite. Slade's here it is merry Christmas is enjoyable the first fifty times, as is Wizzard (above).

Jethro Tull's solstice song is good, but seldom gets played on the radio..

...but their A Christmas Song is bloody dire (sorry @Drago)

AndyRM

XOXO
This masterpiece by Eazy E. Which is obviously NSFW.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JdSmzS1Fklk

AndyRM

XOXO
Inevitably Fairytale of NY has been getting played a lot, I can't remember the station it was on but they played a version which censored 'slut', but not 'faggot', which seemed odd.

The pogues and Fairy tale of New York of course. :laugh:

FFS no !!! - not a bad song - but its cult status deived from really boring people who look on there mundane miserable existence - and thing "I ll be a bit out there" and like a punk record because they swear in it.
The song itself is bang average.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
FFS no !!! - not a bad song - but its cult status deived from really boring people who look on there mundane miserable existence - and thing "I ll be a bit out there" and like a punk record because they swear in it.
The song itself is bang average.

Tell it like it is why don't you. Seriously, don't be bashful or hold back. :laugh:

Chris S

Legendary Member
I remember hearing this as a child and thinking it was by Elvis

View: https://youtu.be/NJ6kJ7GWtv0

Might not be popular view but the pogues are right down at the bottom of my Christmas song list.
Mine too...it's the way every time its played on radio the DJ chips in with the tagline " this is the greatest Christmas song ever"

Like why ? Because the singer says "slut' ?

I do think the tide is turning though - I expect one Christmas soon everyone will go " actually it's a bit shoot" !

Globalti

Legendary Member
None of them! I hate schmaltzy Christmas music.

(Dunno what the word schmaltzy means but it seems to describe Christmas music.)

Top Bottom