Whatsapp question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
WA takes all your contacts by default. Sign up via you landline via a pc or tablet etc for a cleaner option. Or you can pick through which contacts they see ( or so they have you believe). Maybe they’re watching our every move?

Last edited:

Katherine

Guru
In whatsapp, click the 3 dots in top right corner. Click settings.Click account. Click privacy. Go through each item on list and select 'Nobody'. Put your status, to 'My contacts'.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
As I understand it, it asks for access to your contacts so it can tell/show you which of your contacts also use WhatsApp. I've never seen anything sinister in that, perhaps I'm more naive than I thought (or perhaps you're paranoid ^_^)

This is what it does - I had a message from someone not in my contacts, so Whatsapp said they weren't on your list. I checked and the number was from a new work group, so added them. So there is the 'positive' side - warns you of contact from those not in your list.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Plenty of other resources on the Net about how to do it.

I have a dumb phone, so WhatsApp runs on my SIM-less tablet using wifi, it's not difficult to set up.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Isn't that one of your own apps, from your own site?
1588751906668.png

There’s no iOS app for iPad is there?
No, nor for Android tablets, which is annoying. It would be nice to use Whatsapp desktop on a tablet, the same way you can on a desktop computer...

Top Bottom