wheel advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jack smith

Veteran
looking for a cheap ish weelset, must have aero spokes, looking for the lightest set possible and preferably with a nice noisy freehub ( personal preference) looking to spend £150 or under

Cyclist33

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-rs31-road-bike-wheelset/rp-prod109980

You'll struggle to tick all your boxes at that budget, in fact the only ones I can think of with aero spokes that you can get under £150 are these Shimanos.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
cause i can see them online but i want peoples personal preference/experience...no need to try to be clever. that way i dont end up buying something terrible. and i can make an informed decision on my purchase. thanks for the post showing me the shimano's but there was really no need for a sarcastic comment.

If you want Aero and light for £150, check out Planet X; my previous Model B's (superceded by the AL30s) have just been replaced at 9500 (mostly winter) miles. When I replaced them I did opt for the cheaper 2014 Fulcrum 7s which are not aero and a wee bit heavier but a bit cheaper and Fulcrums have a good rep. The 2013 F7s are heaper again but they are a bit heavier again.

Edit and the Model B's had a noisy pawl spring hub I assume the AL30s do too, the F7s are relatively quiet.

e-rider

crappy member
cause i can see them online but i want peoples personal preference/experience...no need to try to be clever. that way i dont end up buying something terrible. and i can make an informed decision on my purchase. thanks for the post showing me the shimano's but there was really no need for a sarcastic comment.
I would be careful with this approach - I've heard people rave about how good something is, when my experience of the same thing was complete shite!

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
i know, dont worry i was just getting info on what to look into i would then make my own decision, :smile: do you have a link for those e rider?

Cyclist33

Sorry.

I have never used Planet X stuff but I did have Shimano RS30s which pre-cursed the RS31s are were all but the same wheel. Pretty good. Not very light but no heavier than most stock wheels on bikes and a damn sight more efficient. If you get up to a decent clip riding on flattish roads they feel nice and direct, make a high pitched whirrrr (bladed spokes) and they look great.

Top Bottom