Wheel less. Next gen.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Seen them before. TBH it isnt new technology, its just LED's on a motherboard. It would be good to see some wheel with LED's integrated into the spokes though, now THAT would be cool!

Yuck! I would rather get shot in front of my bike and admire what ever pattern the blood makes than cover my bike in that BS.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Seen them before. TBH it isnt new technology, its just LED's on a motherboard. It would be good to see some wheel with LED's integrated into the spokes though, now THAT would be cool!
Matthew, read the post, look at the kickstarter, it might explain something.

To summarize. What you have seen before is a product made by monkey electric, they currently do several version of several sizes. However this product, also from monkey electric, is their biggest yet, with a shed load of LEDs, phone control via bluetooth and pretty much near full customization.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Matthew, read the post, look at the kickstarter, it might explain something.

To summarize. What you have seen before is a product made by monkey electric, they currently do several version of several sizes. However this product, also from monkey electric, is their biggest yet, with a shed load of LEDs, phone control via bluetooth and pretty much near full customization.
Oh. Well I thought they were already established (been on Kickstarter before) so was wondering why they were on there again. It looks like a whole new system though so they probably need a bit more money to get it starter off.

What I meant is that Monkey Electric have been around for a while doing this sort of thing, so it isnt really new that they have come out with a new product, its just the old one but upgraded.

If I had the money I would buy one of them though, but I would like to see the design a bit more sleek (everything with a case of some sort around it). I dont like the raw look of the motherboard because even though they have proven it is water proof, I still wouldnt like to get it wet.
(My Contour HD claims to be water resistant however the slightest bit of wet that gets behind the lens (rubber ring is a bit crap) it causes the video to muffle and the lense fogs up). You cannot always trust the water resistance of some products.

Top Bottom