Wheel options?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

Apart from the frame .

Broke 2 frames out of the last 4 bikes I have owned , both near the BB shell ! :-(

RS10's £99.99 from Planet-X Black or White rims, better than R501's but nothing really in it, I weigh 76Kg and i have had the bike up at about 18Kg, mainly over the rear wheel.Over 5,000 miles since April and not a problem, the stock wheels I got through about 8 rear spokes in 10 months, got the RS10's when the front axle gave up, don't ask me, I never figured out what was wrong with it, serviced regular.

oiljam

Active...ish Member
RS10's £99.99 from Planet-X Black or White rims, better than R501's but nothing really in it, I weigh 76Kg and i have had the bike up at about 18Kg, mainly over the rear wheel.Over 5,000 miles since April and not a problem, the stock wheels I got through about 8 rear spokes in 10 months, got the RS10's when the front axle gave up, don't ask me, I never figured out what was wrong with it, serviced regular.

RS10's £84.15 at Ribble at the moment which includes 10% off. Bargain set of Shimano wheels

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I had considered getting some rs 10`s for x mas but you reckon they are not any better than the 501`s i already have?

I had considered getting some rs 10`s for x mas but you reckon they are not any better than the 501`s i already have?
Never had any R501's so cant make a direct compression, just from reviews I read at the time, what I can say is they are a pretty good all round wheel for the price and at £84.15 as @oiljam says even better, I think planet-x offer free postage, (£93 at Ribble just checked) R501's can be had for about £70, the RS10's are lighter and have less spokes.

oiljam

Active...ish Member
Never had any R501's so cant make a direct compression, just from reviews I read at the time, what I can say is they are a pretty good all round wheel for the price and at £84.15 as @oiljam says even better, I think planet-x offer free postage, (£93 at Ribble just checked) R501's can be had for about £70, the RS10's are lighter and have less spokes.

£93 but use MOVE 10 and get an extra 10%, warehouse clearance....free delivery aswell

Top Bottom