Wheel stripping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
My task for this week is to strip various sprint and tub wheels as I have gained quite a few over the years .

Tonights stripping revealed a fair condition pair of 32 hole Campagnolo hubs that look like the centre barrel is chromed whilst the 2 end's are alloy.
IMG_20171101_200659433.jpg
IMG_20171101_200648562.jpg

Other hub's found are a pair of large flange Plessier with a flip flop rear and a set of early golden arrow and a pair of Mavic hubs .

IMG_20171101_200638406.jpg

Got a few more pairs to do yet and in these include some gold anodised ones .

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
Nice hubs

woodbutcher

Veteran
My task for this week is to strip various sprint and tub wheels as I have gained quite a few over the years .

Tonights stripping revealed a fair condition pair of 32 hole Campagnolo hubs that look like the centre barrel is chromed whilst the 2 end's are alloy.
View attachment 381308 View attachment 381310

Other hub's found are a pair of large flange Plessier with a flip flop rear and a set of early golden arrow and a pair of Mavic hubs .

View attachment 381311
Got a few more pairs to do yet and in these include some gold anodised ones .
Mavic hub....the best of the best, those are what are on my Faggin and they are next best thing to perpetual motion :smile:

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Mavic hub....the best of the best, those are what are on my Faggin and they are next best thing to perpetual motion :smile:

i have the matching rear as well but at the mo it's still built up as i dont have the tool to remove the block

woodbutcher

Veteran
Last pair stripped down this morning .

View attachment 381700

Revealed a nice leg muscle building Regina Extra oro rear cog .

View attachment 381706

And the matching Mavic rear hub along with a nice shimano unit.

View attachment 381707
On the subject of hubs Mr Biggs, one of my bikes has front and rear hubs with the word "Touring" in script engraved on them and no other identification as far as l can see. Do you have any idea who they were made by ?

wonderdog

This may be just a bit inappropriate for this site but your reference to perpetual motion prompts me to include a shot of some modern SE Slayer hubs (Taiwanese ye Gods ... with sealed bearings that are the smoothest things on this earth other than butter) I may one day lace up to something equally blingy. Thinking a mix of cherry red and gold. I must take some tablets and have a lie down now.
IMG_0257.jpg

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
This may be just a bit inappropriate for this site but your reference to perpetual motion prompts me to include a shot of some modern SE Slayer hubs (Taiwanese ye Gods ... with sealed bearings that are the smoothest things on this earth other than butter) I may one day lace up to something equally blingy. Thinking a mix of cherry red and gold. I must take some tablets and have a lie down now. View attachment 382379

very nice

Top Bottom