Wheel upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnym

I've posted a couple of times about wheel issues on my Cube Peloton Race. This bike has Easton EA30 custom aero wheels which have had to be replaced due to spokes constantly coming loose.

After the second set have done the same after 40 miles, Cube have offered to upgrade the wheels to Fulcrums.

Are these wheels considered to be a better wheel? not got the exact model yet. Sorely tempted to tell them to replace the bike after taking it back on 6 separate occasions in the 3 months I've had it.

Appreciate any advice

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
I would find out which Fulcrum wheelset they're prepared to offer you and then re-post (I'm sure you'll get loads of opinions).

OP
OP
J

Johnym

I have been offered the DT Swiss CSW RA 1.0 Race wheels that are supplied with the Cube GTC PRO.

Does anyone have an opinion on these wheels and will they solve my loose spoke issues.

bamcube

Hi,

I have this bike and the exact same problem... Did you contact Cube direct via their website?

Interestingly I dropped my bike into my LBS to try and fix the issue, they aligned the wheel back up but commented on the poor build quality of the wheel set, stating it would happen again in the future... I've emailed the place I ordered the bike from and Cube directly to see if they can help. Such a shame on a great bike for the wheels to let it down. Look awesome but thats about it...

deanbmx

Über Member
I've been warned about this after getting my cube, I intend to put as many miles as possible on before its 6 week check to expose any issues, let's us know what cube have offered.

OP
OP
J

Johnym

My bike was bought on the halfords c2w Scheme via leisure lake bikes,so I dealt with them.

The spokes on first set of wheels were constantly coming loose so leisure lake replaced them under warranty with cubes permission.

The second set did exactly the same the first time I rode my bike.

Again cube agreed to replace but upgraded to the dt Swiss 1 road wheel and I've had no issues after 500 miles or so.

If I was you I'd ask for a different wheel as the supplied wheel is not up to scratch as far as I'm concerned.

If you need any advice just ask

Top Bottom