Wheelbuilder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Thank you to @ianrauk for recommending DCR Wheels in another thread and for sharing your experience of using him.

A wheelbuilder who lives in the 21st century, can communicate via email, provides detailed written quotes and specs, asks what his customers want rather than upselling them, has clear t's & c's, and who builds great wheels. Order placed.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Cheers Greg.
Agree with all the points above.
Would also like to say, for a pair of well made hand builds, the prices are very competitive.
And he went out of his way to make sure they were delivered the day I wanted.
He's made a couple of pairs of wheels for me now and am very happy with the results.

vannics-jpg.23378.jpg

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Cheers Greg.
Would also like to say, for a pair of well made hand builds, the prices are very competitive.
He's made a couple of pairs of wheels for me now and am very happy with the results.

vannics-jpg.23378.jpg

What rims you got there Ian?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
@RRSODL
Good guess. just a tad over 1700gms
Silver 24h Novotec Hubs
Silver Sapim Laser Spokes
Silver Alloy Nipples
All logos removed.

They do ride beautifully and all for the princely sum of £300

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
@RRSODL
Good guess. just a tad over 1700gms
Silver 24h Novotec Hubs
Silver Sapim Laser Spokes
Silver Alloy Nipples
All logos removed.

They do ride beautifully and all for the princely sum of £300

That's very nice and wheels that you will be able to service easily.

If you have gone for the A23 then you would have been closer to the 1600 grams mark. But I' prefer your choice as it matches the bike beautifully.

Did you have a choice to go 28/20?

Love the idea of removing all the logos with a titanium frame (also cleaned from all logos) super clean and simple look, love it ^_^

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yup, had a choice of spoke count.
I wanted 30mm's especially, I'm not a racer so happy with the weight.

Yup.. wanted a clean look bike.. so all the logos had to go.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Cheers Greg.

vannics-jpg.23378.jpg

Ian, what you did to your bike got me thinking ^_^ and yesterday I saw a Ti bike with all the logos removed. I really liked the look. Is it hard to remove the logos? What's the technique?

What's the idea behind? Just the look or perhaps prevent the logos getting a bit tatty in time.

Cheers

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Ian, what you did to your bike got me thinking ^_^ and yesterday I saw a Ti bike with all the logos removed. I really liked the look. Is it hard to remove the logos? What's the technique?

What's the idea behind? Just the look or perhaps prevent the logos getting a bit tatty in time.

Cheers

It's purely for the look. Van Nicholas bike logos are not the best in the world.
And I wanted a really clean look.

I took the labels off with acetone (nail polish remover). Place on the logo with some tissue paper, leave for a minute then wipe off.

Top Bottom