Wheelies

Wheelies

• Cool

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Fool

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

papercorn2000

Depends on the bike used. On a BMX - easy so less cool. On a serious low-pro track bike - very difficult and so cooler.

Cool but hurts.

Last time I did one was on CM in London, on my Dahon folder, with a load of documents in the pannier.

Needless to say the back wheel shot forwards and I landed on my left hip. I was in pain for weeks afterwards.

I'm 38 years old.

Big Bren

Cool - I'm trying to rediscover the art of the coaster wheelie, to impress my 8 year old son. Spent a good hour last night up and down our street - the neighbours must think I'm a right plank.

Bren

ChrisKH

Guru
Cool on a Brompton. Definite knack to it apparently. I've never been brave enough to try.

I once braked so hard on the Embankment (thought I would hit the motorcycle in front) that the back wheel folded and I ended up just sitting on the outside lane going nowhere looking like a right p&^%k. Nice repair jub needed as well. Thin line between cool and fool (or fule in Brixton, innit).

Alcdrew

I'm on the fence on this. Defo cool for kids, but not sure about adults.

But maybe thats just cos I'm scarred to try to do them now, incase I fall off and look even more like a fool.. It has been nearly 20 years since the last time I did one. But everyday on my way home I think maybe I should give it ago. Then remeber I have a big rack on the back of the bike, and decide that it most defainatly not wise to try with that on teh back, and then when I haven't got that on teh back, I'm usualy out with my son, and don't want to look like an idiot in front of him by falling off.

Frazer

Fool on a road bike...unless your Robbie Mcewen going over a mountaintop, then its uber-cool.

I went out the other week with some MTB guys, i was on my road bike, and they were pulling wheelies, bunny hops, etc, i felt so rubbish for not being able to do them. Then we got to the first big hill :blush:

Top Bottom