Wheelies.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I must be getting fitter...or perhaps just fatter (and my centre of weight has shifted.)

But each time I pull away from the lights, I pull a tiny little "involuntary" wheelie...just an inch or so, but it makes me chuckle every time.

Does anyone else struggle to keep both wheels on the ground as the hit the "launch " button?
 

potsy

Rambler
Location
My Armchair
User3143 said:
No, not being funny either but pulling an unintentional wheelie is *poor* techinique. You pulling up on the bar while pushing down with the pedals is lost energy.
bah humbug Lee,let johnny have his fun:biggrin:
 

dondare

Über Member
Location
London
jonny jeez said:
I must be getting fitter...or perhaps just fatter (and my centre of weight has shifted.)

But each time I pull away from the lights, I pull a tiny little "involuntary" wheelie...just an inch or so, but it makes me chuckle every time.

Does anyone else struggle to keep both wheels on the ground as the hit the "launch " button?


A while back I used a bike that was too small for me and it did this. Never happens on my usual bike.
 

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Location
South Croydon
All my weight is over the front, and my rear wheel spins as i try to accelerate away from everyone else. anyone else get that?
 
gaz said:
All my weight is over the front, and my rear wheel spins as i try to accelerate away from everyone else. anyone else get that?
I've had that a few times. I usually put it down to a greasy surface. It usually happens to me at the traffic lights at the top of a steep hill so I don't think IMC it to do with all my weight being at the front.
 

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Location
Winch
These days I'm more likely to do an accidental wee than a wheelie.:blush:

I occasionally get this chugging up one of Basingstoke's many underpass ramps. Only ever on the commuter though - as well as all the Rohloff gubbins in the back wheel, I usually have another 10kgs+ of crap in the panniers so I guess the weight distribution isn't ideal.

I only ever spin the rear wheels on the carefully thought-out superslick NCN23 paving through War Memorial Park. Nice work there, sustrans, it's like a f**king ice-rink.
 

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
Location
Norwich
I have a habit of doing a wheelie if I use Helen's bike because its so damn tiny. any further back and I would be sitting on the luggage rack
 

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I took off from a set of traffic lights several weeks ago, and found my handlebars had moved backwards! :blush:

Then I discovered it was my adjustable handlebar stem moving to the next stage in adjustability (the stage that comes slightly before "useless"). I'd bought it to try out a new stem angle to make the bike more comfortable to use, but used it so much it started shifting up and down. Felt really weird at first, because I initially couldn't work out what it was. :angry:
 
Location
EDINBURGH
I probably means you have a fat arse.
 

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Location
Leicestershire
I watched two lads at school the other day pulling wheelies in the carpark (Not the one I park in so wasn't that bothered) quite a lot of control from 1 not as much from the other who slammed down very quickly. Never been able to do it myself. Don't fancy a uni much either.
 
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
User3143 said:
No, not being funny either but pulling an unintentional wheelie is *poor* techinique. You pulling up on the bar while pushing down with the pedals is lost energy.
Spoilsport.;)

actually I think you over estimate my ability...we are talking a slight removal of tyre from tarmac, for like a half second and about an inch (possibly less)

Weeeeeeeeeee

no hands next!!!!!
 
Top Bottom