Wheels and Tyres Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jambon

Hi,

I've got Mavic 622x13 Wheels and currently have Conti 700x24 tires, my mate has just offered me some tires that he couldnt use and i just wanted to know if they would fit? They are 700x24?

Any clues? The tires are really really tight at the moment, they take ages to get off when i get a flat?

cheers,

James

U

User169

This is P+L; no one knows anything about bikes here!

Will1985

Über Member
Yes - sounds like you're replacing one size with the same size? Tyre flexibility/ease of removal is entirely dependent on the combination of wheel and tyre manufacturers....some find Contis a pig while others can put them on with bare hands.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
622 is the rim diameter and 700 is the outer tyre diameter - they are the same thing basically. The other number (14 or 24) is the width of the inner rim/tyre.

So -yes the tyres will fit but whether they will be any easier to put on is anyone's guess as the precise measurements differ between manufacturers.

OP
OP
J

Jambon

quick update, the tyre was impossible to fit, i'm sure its the wheels. Going to take it down to lbs to get sorted tomorrow. ;)

Jambon said:
quick update, the tyre was impossible to fit, i'm sure its the wheels. Going to take it down to lbs to get sorted tomorrow. :smile:
New tyres are often a b*gger to fit. Before taking it to the bike shop, I'd have one more go my self. Start at the valve and work your way round. Don't worry if it wont fit the first time just keep at it (working round) and it'll suddenly pop in.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Jambon said:
quick update, the tyre was impossible to fit, i'm sure its the wheels. Going to take it down to lbs to get sorted tomorrow. :smile:

A lot of tyre/rim combos are hard to fit - you need to get some heavy duty plastic tyre levers and then get medieval with the sods.

Top Bottom