Wheels for T-Bag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

barbbiggs

Has anyone come across the need for an extendable handle and wheels for a Brompton T-Bag?

I fly a lot and take the bike with me because I can't walk far with a knee problem. When I check in at the airport, I often have to carry my T-Bag a long way.

What I had in mind actually is very similar to what's already there. You already have a handle on the T-Bag. And there's already a back frame.

This back frame could easily be adapted to the same mechanism that's on suitcases. The handle of the bag would only need to become and extendable handle so that when it's down, it looks very similar to what's already there. When the extendable handle is pulled up, with a set of wheels attached to the bottom, it would then become excatly like a pulling suitcase.

I'd be very surprised if that same mechanism which is used for inside suitcases, couldn't just be used to hold the T-Bag together, rather than what you currently use.

I'm sure all T-Bag users, whether frequent travellers or not, would find this useful. For example, I also use it for supermarket shopping, but wheeling the bike around the supermarket is cumbersome. Wheeling the T-Bag around would be very easy.

I've contacted Brompton directly about this and they suggested I ask the forum if anyone knows or has any ideas about this.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I just use a lightweight foldable luggage trolley for mine.

Top Bottom