wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adam23

Been thinking of some upgrades for my wilier izoard xp pettachi over the winter and was thinking fulcrum zeros

to replace the standard miche wheels it comes with, my question is how much better is it upgrading wheels

some folks say a massive difference, they would be 500grams lighter than what i have now.

zexel

Veteran
They look like real nice wheels.

Everything else being equal, you won't notice 500g difference. You will feel better riding the bike and that in itself will make you go faster :biggrin:.

Edit: Forgot to say should will notice a difference though, what with the ceramic bearings and aero spokes.

I speeced Mavic Ksyrium SL's on my CAAD10 when I ordered it. This is the first 'serious' set of wheels I've owned. Previous best being DT Swiss R1900's that came on the Focus Cayo Pro I had, (bad wheels!).

Anyway, I'm not qualified to give any detailed benefits, and I'm sure some of it, (lot of it perhaps?), is psychological, but these wheels just ride and climb far nicer than any others I've ever had.

I looked at the Fulcrum Racing 1's but didn't like the silver spokes.

I'd recommend the SL's without a doubt. Mavic also offer a 2 year crash replacement policy, something to consider perhaps :thumbsup:

Its generally reckoned that weight saved on the wheels is worth twice weight saved on the frame so that's the equivalent of about 1kg saved on the frame. Whether you'll notice it though is another matter.

Top Bottom