When are you British?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Here's a handy diagram from Brilliant Maps:
View attachment 504929

"The map above demonstrates the difference between the British Isles, United Kingdom, Great Britain, and England. While the terms are often used interchangeably they actually mean different things.
countries on Great Britain plus Northern Ireland, which is reflected in its full name: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland."

This diagram is too simplistic and is incorrect.

I am English, as in born in England, am I proud to be … no, as said above , where I was born is hardly an achievement, anyhow I didn't expect to pass that test but...somehow did
Results

Your time: 00:03:53

You answered 19 of 24 questions correctly, (79.17%)

johnblack

Über Member

Julia9054

Guru
I got 22/24.
Didn't know when St David's day was or when Christianity first arrived. Guessed a couple of others and got them right.

I managed 83.3%. Would I class Mo Farah as British? No more than I would Zola Bud.

British is a citizenship status more than a nationality, although it is described as such on official forms.

What would make you class Mo Farah as British if he already has British citizenship? is it just for people who were born here? Are people such as Boris Johnson or Sandi Toksvig British as they weren't born here?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Did the test and I scored 62.5% so I am not British enough to be British. What a load of codswallop thought up by somebody in London who thinks we should all know the location of anywhere in London. Also it should say Queen Elizabeth 2nd of England not Britain.

Top Bottom