When did you last send or receive a postcard

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
Probably 1994, from Cyprus to my Gran, iirc it took 3 weeks to get there! She got one from a relative in Australia that was here in a week, makes no sense

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Way back when in the mists of time when I was a scout with the 1st Morden. There was a collectors badge. Not being the collectors sort. (Still not). I bought a job lot of cheap postcards from a local second hand store. There was my collection and I got the badge for my sleeve.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Don't remember when I last received a post card, 30-40 years ago, at a guess. Last postcard(s) I sent would have been 1993 or thereabouts, when I was in former USSR on business, and, sent cards to my children, as a novelty.

tyred

Legendary Member
When I was young, we had a postman who was ironically called Pat. Postman Pat was well known in the area for being a nosey so and so that stuck his nose into everyone's affairs and carried gossip around all the houses he went to. Told people things like "I see Jim Smith got a letter from the inland revenue. He must owe tax."

My Granny sent a postcard while on a trip Manchester and put at the bottom shelf put "P.S. Hello to you too Pat as I know you'll read this anyway!"

tyred

Legendary Member
Another good postcard story is the series of postcards sent to my parents by a friend of my Dad's from his honeymoon in the early '70s.

With very little money, they headed of touring in a completely knackered Ford 100E Prefect and the postcards are a series of updates on the running repairs carried out, including replacing a head gasket in a hotel carpark and getting a bit of waste 2 X 4 timber from a joiner to keep the rear speing hanger from coming up into the boot floor.

Top Bottom