When I Was Young . . .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
I've no real regrets and am happy with life both in and out of work on most days. That said, there are some things if I came across them again I would do differently. The one thing however that has not been completely fulfilled is doing a good long tour on the bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I've not been in a massive rave in Germany with that track (Scooter version) being blasted out, so my dreams are not quite fulfilled......

I think I'd have to travel back in time if I'm going to get what I really want.....

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I guessed the wrong song. I thought it was going to be this karaoke classic:

When I was young
I never needed anyone
And makin' love was just for fun
Those days are gone

Livin' alone
I think of all the friends I've known
But when I dial the telephone
Nobody's home

All by myself
Don't wanna be, all by myself anymore
All by myself
Don't wanna live, all by myself anymore

Tetedelacourse

I carry a few big regrets with me. But then if I didn't have them I wouldn't also have the best things ever to happen to me, if that makes sense!

ChrisKH

Guru
My personal take on things is if you have no regrets and haven't made mistakes, you haven't lived. People who say they have no regrets are lying to themselves or they have lived in a cellar for 20 years. Which is entirely possible if recent history is anything to go by.

I was talking to a band member (plays Clarinet) who are due to go on tour to Germany this summer. They are having trouble locating digs for band members under 18 since the Austrian episode. The Uk band management made a polite request that those band members under 18 are not put up on their own with a host family. The Germans don't see it as an issue.

Love Supertramp lyrics.

One regret I have is the time I wasted in the company of people who always had things come to them easily in life, never wanted for anything of significance - and yet never stopped giving unsolicited advice and whinging about how tough things were for them. If I had my time again, I'd know better and avoid them.

Billy Joel lyric comes to mind, from 'Pressure'-

Now here you are with your faith
And your Peter Pan advice
You have no scars on your face
And you cannot handle pressure.

Top Bottom