When the petrol/diesel finally runs out..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mick Mudd

Über Member
A glimpse of the future-

1705477894439.jpeg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Don't be daft. Roads will be full of massive eSUV's.

All uphill

Still rolling along
If only.

Don't underestimate the power of a well-established social norm.

I gave up car ownership just over a year ago and, practically, it has been dead easy. Socially, though, its been a surprise; as though I had just declared myself to be a visitor from Mars.

My observation is that many people will still drive even when they are broke and struggling to feed their kids. Even if they work locally.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
lol - I suspect this would be more realistic; once we've all fought to the death for the few remaining scraps that have escaped our rampant, wasteful consumption..

4-345156_view-media-post-apocalyptic-wasteland-art.jpg

I guess we're all going to need fat tyres for those kiddy-trailors.. and automatic weapons.

All uphill

Still rolling along
lol - I suspect this would be more realistic; once we've all fought to the death for the few remaining scraps that have escaped our rampant, wasteful consumption..

View attachment 719040

I guess we're all going to need fat tyres for those kiddy-trailors.. and automatic weapons.

I think there are lots of people who will happily wish this on their grandchildren so long as they don't have to change anything today.

Sallar55

Veteran
Think of all the petrochemical products we us?
Back to Natural rubber for tyres , etc . Life will be interesting in the new world with out oil.

Drago

Legendary Member
My observation is that many people will still drive even when they are broke and struggling to feed their kids. Even if they work locally.

This. They could be on their last shekel, their kids starving, their house alternately ablaze and flooded due to climate change, and they'll still drive a third of a mile to get the kids to school.

Lazy selfishness will be the end of us all, and not just the lazy and selfish. It's so inevitable I'm often tempted to give in and join them, but I feel someone must make a stand against such societal idiocy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom