When things go wrong why is it multiple problems??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
The inlet hose behind our washing machine split.
Its in a utility room so we didnt find out for at least 12 hours....by then we were wading :blush:.
Due to a long standing back problem I couldn't drag it out of its tight space.
I found the isolation valve/tap and turned it off only to find the 2nd problem.....it was knackered and wouldnt stop the flow.
Turned the main water valve off which has helped.......just a jug of water every half hour now.
Got a plumber coming in 45 minutes.
I will try not to kiss him:rolleyes:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I once had 7 leaks going on in the house at the same time :sad:

However, a particularly bad day was New Year's Day a few years ago. Had been away for Christmas. On 1st Jan i ventured into the garden to find a very big tree had fallen down right across the garden, and a garden wall had collapsed (raised bed) due to weight of water behind it). Then I went indoors and ate a toffee, which pulled a crown off one of my teeth :-)

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I once had 7 leaks going on in the house at the same time :sad:

However, a particularly bad day was New Year's Day a few years ago. Had been away for Christmas. On 1st Jan i ventured into the garden to find a very big tree had fallen down right across the garden, and a garden wall had collapsed (raised bed) due to weight of water behind it). Then I went indoors and ate a toffee, which pulled a crown off one of my teeth :-)
B***y hell.....I thought I was in a bad way :smile:

postman

Legendary Member
My daughter is up in Edinburgh,her landlord had to replace a dishwasher,it would not work.It was still in warranty,so no problems.They came dragged out the machine and hey presto it was the valve to the water pipe.Nothing wrong with the dishwasher,trouble was they could not uncouple the dishwasher cos whoever fitted it knackered the joint.So water would have flooded the kitchen.Tradesmen eh,what a pillock.So it turned into a bigger job,but all is well now.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
OOPS.....I spoke too early.
Guy has been and fixed it. £40 plus parts so not bad as he dropped a job to get here.
But.......
As he finished I noticed the carpet in adjoining room was wet. The rooflight is letting water in......got a guy coming to sort that out on Monday and hope it doesnt rain too much over the weekend.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
The inlet hose behind our washing machine split.
Its in a utility room so we didnt find out for at least 12 hours....by then we were wading :blush:.
Due to a long standing back problem I couldn't drag it out of its tight space.
I found the isolation valve/tap and turned it off only to find the 2nd problem.....it was knackered and wouldnt stop the flow.
Turned the main water valve off which has helped.......just a jug of water every half hour now.
Got a plumber coming in 45 minutes.
I will try not to kiss him:rolleyes:
I think kissing the plumber might add to your problems ^_^

winjim

Smash the cistern
I think kissing the plumber might add to your problems ^_^
Bow chicka wah wah

U

User32269

Was gonna put this in classifieds to sell but looks like I've found a punter.
727cc502501015270233ab1ba1ec2ef3--celtic-knot-jewelry-good-luck-gifts.jpg

Top Bottom