When will it be light @ 7.30pm ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Got knocked off towards the end of last year, which has put me off cycling in the dark - just wondered when it be light enough to go out in the evenings after work -

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Not before the clocks change at my latitude. (West Sussex)

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
The dark didn't knock you off the bike - a careless driver did - and they are out in daylight too.

Fine theory. Bottom line its put me off cycling in the dark. So my question point still stands.

Thanks for the links .....March 25 !!!!

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Not that far away from you! When I say "a bit light" I think I meant "not quite pitch dark".

EDIT: And I actually meant 16:48 :blush:

Ive got the Rise and Set App on my phone, its very good.

Sounds interesting - what is the app actually called ? - is it available for android ?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Fine theory. Bottom line its put me off cycling in the dark. So my question point still stands.

Thanks for the links .....March 25 !!!!
I'd urge you to apply a touch more rationality to the situation.

When I got taken out on a winter's commute home it stopped me riding in the dark. The antidote to this was a combination of silly reflective clothes, over-bright lights, and joining in with a certain class of loon on a Friday night to ride silly distances to take breakfast by the sea. On these rides I listened to the wisdom of others and realised the stupid clothes and the retinal burns where utterly superfluous to my safety and that the dark per se was not my enemy and that riding down a country c-road in the dark was anyway infinitely preferable to standing around on Three Bridges station in the cold and wet waiting for yet another missed connection.

Top Bottom