When your mum gets too old and infirm for cycling....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Nice story, thanks for posting.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
a clubmate's father (a club stalwart himself) developed alzheimers', but was still able to join the old boy's club run with a chaperone. you would not necessarily know he was ill; he even had the presence of mind, so to speak, to lock his bike at the café stops. sadly, he died last year.

Arch

Married to Night Train
"That was until her son Richard invented a tandem bike with a difference."

Typical quality of local journalism there. While I have plenty of respect for CirceCycles, I doubt Richard would claim to have 'invented' that layout. It's basically a Hase Pino....

But all the best to them, I hope she enjoys it!

"That was until her son Richard invented a tandem bike with a difference."

Typical quality of local journalism there. While I have plenty of respect for CirceCycles, I doubt Richard would claim to have 'invented' that layout. It's basically a Hase Pino....

But all the best to them, I hope she enjoys it!

+1

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My mum is 77 and has a hip replacement as well a other "battle scars". When she broke her hip 10 years ago i bought an exercise bike for her, telling her to use it to help her improvement. She's been on it every day since(apart from hospital stays)clocking up thousands of miles, even though prior to this she hadn't "cycled"since she was 14.

byegad

Legendary Member
At least two manufacturers make that style of bike, one is Hase and the model is a Pino. Doubtless our knowledgeable forum will come up with another in post.

For 'invented' read e-invented or stole the idea.

Great story

Sandra6

Veteran
I was just thinking I'd seen a bike like that before - but then wondered if having invented it the chap sold some?!
There is a guy I see occasionally with a disabled son and they cycle together in something very similar.
Nice story nonetheless.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I was just thinking I'd seen a bike like that before - but then wondered if having invented it the chap sold some?!
There is a guy I see occasionally with a disabled son and they cycle together in something very similar.
Nice story nonetheless.

Yes, CirceCycles is a commercial venture. The Morpheus is just one of their products:

http://www.circecycles.com/products/morpheus/index.php

It's designed to adapt to either being a tandem, or carrying loads, or kids.

But the Upright/Recumbent combination was invented by Hase before this. I can't think what the other one Byegad is thinking of is though, although I'm sure he's right that there is another.

Top Bottom