Where’s the annual Glastonbury thread?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Elton, GnR, Arctics .... nah it was Rick doing the Smiths for me ^_^

DRM

Guru
Everybody has the sound of the album version in their mind when they think of Sweet Child but you can’t compare vocals on a studio album cut over 3 decades ago to a live performance from a guy in his 60s who spent large chunks of the intervening years epitomising rock and roll excess. It’s also way different being there vs listening critically to the recording on the radio or internet.

By comparison I watched Elton John’s set last night on catch up, the differences to me were,
G n R too much of a gap between songs, Elton small gap then straight into the next song,
G n R picked some more obscure songs to start with & to a degree lost the audience, Elton started off with a bang, songs the audience knew hooked them from the get go,
as a consequence of the above G n R left the more well known songs to the end, Elton played 2 solid hours of hit after hit, Axel shouldn’t have run around so much, you can’t sing well and be out of breath, but Elton’s voice has stood the test of time, he went out with a bang if this is his last concert, G n R should have dumped Axel years ago, imho he was a prize daffodil in the eighties.

Top Bottom