Where’s the annual Glastonbury thread?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Blonde's her hair colour?

Not naturally :whistle:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Elton is great. Didn't think that much of GnR, seemed like they selected all the songs that were lower range and easier for Axle to sing. Editors were also good but lacked the sharpness and presence of the recorded album. Manic Street preachers were great too but time is taking its toll. Overall, massively impressed with Elton, and the size of the crowds are mind blowing

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
The piano playing is excellent as far as I can tell, the singing isn't - not compared to years ago..

DRM

Guru
By contrast a Les Paul will always sound the same, you just need the skill to play it. And if it breaks you get a new one. (I suspect Slash can afford one, if he doesn’t get given them anyway)
I do have a Tanglewood LP copy, it does sound pretty good for a beast that was originally sold in a beginner starter pack, with an amp and cables, but I have it set up using Gibson's recommended settings as a start point, and tweaked it from there, but I can guarantee it would sound a damn sight better with Slash playing it! would be interesting to compare it to the real thing though

newts

Veteran
I've enjoyed Elton, Cat Stevens, Blondie, The Pretenders. Disappointed that the acoustic stage didn't get much airtime, would have liked to have seen Glyn Tilbrook & Richard Thompson.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Loved Elton John. He put everything into the show and more. Let's not forget his band, 3 of which have been with him since the beginning. Playing with as much enthusiasm as Elton.

Maneskin, G'n'R's, The Manics, Gabriel's, Christine & The Queens and Cat Stevens where the highlights for me, but enjoyed almost every act/band/artist I watched.

So pleased for the 10's of thousands of great unwashed that the weather stayed dry.

Top Bottom