Where’s the annual Glastonbury thread?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Used to do Reading ( most years for about ten years later Leeds, Phoenix once and once Glastonbury...
Main difference to other festivals appeared more for the event than the music, though the range of music was more 'electic' it was also ferkin massive and easy to get lost, spend so much time trying to get to the next bit you missed it. Also the year I went it persisted it down, saw Radiohead classic set - though I remember it being cold and very wet June...

Now I prefer a nice bed and become an old fud...

Watching some highlights unimpressed with Pistols / GenX hybrid but Blossoms and Rick Astley do the Smiths - huzzah...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
They were phenomenal at Download 2018. I went, with low expectations, simply because as a fan since Appetite for Destruction came out I had thought I’d missed forever all chances to see the original lineup.

To be a little bit pedantic, their last show with the original line up was 1990.
Really looking forward to this show tonight.

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Axl’s voice clearly hasn’t lasted but he’s 61
Years old. And he doesn’t look it.

Duff still has the heroine chic.
Everyone else has a double chin.
Slash is still a guitar hero but can hide behind his glasses and hat.

toffee

Guru
Axl’s voice clearly hasn’t lasted but he’s 61
Years old. And he doesn’t look it.

Duff still has the heroine chic.
Everyone else has a double chin.
Slash is still a guitar hero but can hide behind his glasses and hat.

Just switched them off. Can still play their instruments but Axl cant sing.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well, depends what you mean original. I guess I meant classic, as Tracii Guns wasn’t in it

I'm looking at it the classic line up with Adler

Slick

Guru
Lewis Capaldi is clearly struggling with Tourette’s tics.
He needs a rest and to take a step back.

To be fair to him, he's been trying to step back for some time and has been very open about his struggles. Commercial pressure and previous commitments obviously make that very difficult.

Top Bottom