Where’s the annual Glastonbury thread?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Do my eyes and ears deceive me? Did I just watch Rick Astley sing the Smiths greatest hits live and pull it off beautifully?

The most awesome thing I've seen. :becool: :music:

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2023/06/24/rick-astley-blossoms-smiths-set-glastonbury/

Last edited:

Adam4868

Guru
Guns N Roses were class ! Axl Rose for 61 he sounds amazing,who has that energy and voice at his age...I wish.Two and half hours and a blast,few sound issues but overall top....Slash 😍

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Guns N Roses were class ! Axl Rose for 61 he sounds amazing,who has that energy and voice at his age...I wish.Two and half hours and a blast,few sound issues but overall top....Slash 😍

just heard Sweet Child on the radio and his voice sounded awful. And 61 isn't that old.

Watched half of Fatboy Slim's set last night. I may be mistaken but it looked like he was miming his DJ set... shameful if so.

Last edited:
Reactions: DRM

Adam4868

Guru
just heard Sweet Child on the radio and his voice sounded awful. And 61 isn't that old.

Watch half of Fatboy Slim's set last night. I may be mistaken but it looked like he was miming his DJ set... shameful if so.
Good job we don't all like the same...I'm no rock music fan but loved Guns N Roses back in the day.I thought he had the energy of a 18 year old last night ! Always amazes me how many people go to a concert and think it's going to sound perfect so to speak.Remember taking my teenage daughter to the Stone Roses reunion and her saying they sound sh1te lol...Yea that's what we go for...not a manufactured in a studio sound.You go for the buzz/energy to a concert don't you ?

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I would say better then the Smiths. But I'm no fan of Morrisey.

Neither am I but some of their stuff was great. He pulled off 'What Difference Does it Make?' beautifully.

Dadam

Watch half of Fatboy Slim's set last night. I may be mistaken but it looked like he was miming his DJ set... shameful if so.

Everybody has the sound of the album version in their mind when they think of Sweet Child but you can’t compare vocals on a studio album cut over 3 decades ago to a live performance from a guy in his 60s who spent large chunks of the intervening years epitomising rock and roll excess. It’s also way different being there vs listening critically to the recording on the radio or internet.

MontyVeda

Good job we don't all like the same...I'm no rock music fan but loved Guns N Roses back in the day.I thought he had the energy of a 18 year old last night ! Always amazes me how many people go to a concert and think it's going to sound perfect so to speak.Remember taking my teenage daughter to the Stone Roses reunion and her saying they sound sh1te lol...Yea that's what we go for...not a manufactured in a studio sound.You go for the buzz/energy to a concert don't you ?

of course we go for the buzz/energy of a live concert, but sometimes they do sound sh!te. Plenty of bands are more than capable of having a great live sound, but it's unfortunate for us ticket buyers when they don't.

MontyVeda

Wow. I've not really taken any interest in Maneskin before, but their performance has blown me away. Absolutely superb stuff.
Not much gets me excited these days music wise being in the industry being around music all day evey day, but Maneskin are my new favourite band.

will check them out :smile:

Top Bottom