Where’s the annual Glastonbury thread?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
Everybody has the sound of the album version in their mind when they think of Sweet Child but you can’t compare vocals on a studio album cut over 3 decades ago to a live performance from a guy in his 60s who spent large chunks of the intervening years epitomising rock and roll excess. It’s also way different being there vs listening critically to the recording on the radio or internet.

He was dreadful, by comparison Bruce Dickinson still has it, and is older, as for Slash, he was brilliant, I want that Les Paul Gold Top he played Sweet Child of Mine on, but it's too much dosh for me!

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
He was dreadful, by comparison Bruce Dickinson still has it, and is older, as for Slash, he was brilliant, I want that Les Paul Gold Top he played Sweet Child of Mine on, but it's too much dosh for me!

The singers voice is always the first thing that goes in any band. It takes a lot of work to keep your voice as a high intensity rock front man. They are constantly straining for the notes. And as mentioned above their life styles often don’t help.
By contrast a Les Paul will always sound the same, you just need the skill to play it. And if it breaks you get a new one. (I suspect Slash can afford one, if he doesn’t get given them anyway)

I suspect Elton John will sound a bit off tonight too. But his piano work will be good.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Blonde is the band.
Debbie Harry is the singer.

I know :whistle:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I wonder if Elton will be any good later. Heard mixed reviews about his tour.

My sister finally got to see him recently after the 2019 concert was postponed. Got to wonder if he'd make those 4 years. :ohmy:

Top Bottom