Where can I buy this.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ren531

Über Member
Got a big birthday coming up and thought I'd treat myself to a single speed /fixed bike, love my 1952 Hill Special, it would need to be steel, classic looks, 25inch frame, relaxed angles, clearance for minimum 32mm tyres and mudguards . I have owned a few race bikes never got on with them but my Hill Special is different and it has many of the above characteristics, anyone know if this exists apart from the obvious custom build route, either new or second hand, frame or complete bike, cheers chaps and chapessess.

Sharky

Guru
My evil dad got me a fixed Hill Special when I was only 10! Really liked it and rode it for 3 or 4 years until it got nicked. Later machines that you might like were an EG Bates (BAR Model). It had 26" wheels and rode really well. Then later, a Mercian track frame. In spite of it being a thoroughbred track frame, it had relaxed angles and was very comfortable. Not sure if either of these would take fat tyres. But worth looking out for.

Happy Birthday

Sharky

Guru
I'm riding the mercian in my avatar picture. A very old photo from '69. It went into storage for many years, then I built it up as a pure fixed and was still riding timetrials on it about 15 yrs ago. I eventually sold it to a club mate, so is probably still being ridden somewhere.

OP
OP
ren531

ren531

Über Member
Thanks I shall have a look at the Spa mono sounds interesting.
Been trying to post this for days but couldn't due to the post reply button not being present.

Last edited:
Top Bottom