1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can I get a continental style chainguard & mount.

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by GrahamG, 11 Dec 2007.

1. GrahamG

GrahamG Über Member

Like on the Dutch bikes with the metal 'strut' that holds it in place that mounts onto the bottom bracket fitting?

I've done endless google searching, I've emailed a friend in Holland to see if he can help but does anyone have any ideas here?

Oh, I tried velorution in London and they weren't in the least bit helpful. I've got a 40t chainring btw.

2. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Is it a requirement that when you move to Bristol you have to go all cosmopolitan?

3. OP
    OP
    GrahamG

GrahamG Über Member

;)

Nah, the missus needs something dead practical for her 2 mile commute in nice clothes - it's a retail related job so she has to look tidy and has nowhere to change other than a toilet. Plus she lived in Belgium for 2 years as a kid and wants a bike like she had then!

The dutch friend came up good though - check this site out...

http://www.fietspunt.nl/shop/showar...26_28_Woerd_Scope_38_tands_zilver_transparant

Thankfully, he'll post stuff to me. I can get this, plus a spare one and a 38t crankset with integrated chainring (no arms to get in the way of the guard) for €45 + postage.