Where can I get MS-Office 2010 for free?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
I have kindly been donated a used laptop (I guess they're like mobile phones - people upgrade to get a higher spec machine, hence this became available - its a bit rough around the edges but all in working order), but there's no Office on it (needed for kids to do homework).
Where can I get MS-Office 2010 for free? :whistle:

Diggs

Veteran
Err... you can't legally. My company had a deal where you could buy it cheaply under what they called the Home Use Programme. We used Open Office up til then. Haven't used it for a while and it was basic in comparison, but it did the job with it's version of Word and Excel

Reactions: Maz

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Do you really need MS Office? I use the free open source Open Office suite that will open MS documents and save them again as MS docs. Perhaps some of the more obscure formatting will get twisted around a bit under some circumstances but it's never happened to me. I doubt very much that that would be a problem for school work. Free and legal, more versatile than MS when you consider that Office can't read OOo docs but OOo can read MS docs.

Canrider

Guru
..until you want to edit an Access database...unless they've finally managed to fix that in the latest versions..

Top Bottom