Where did the hate originate?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davefb

Guru
lol , wonder if these lads on cycles had special lights , high power phonographs and special 'lowered' suspensions :smile:

Jezston

Über Member
You did WHAT?!?

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
the same image appears on the home page of the Scott Trust, the body that 'owns' the Guardian

http://www.gmgplc.co...he-scott-trust/

Now this is going back a bit, but I used to get something called the 'Children's Guardian' published weekly, I think on a Wednesday. It was a proper children's publication - that is naff-all pictures, and 9pt type. 'CP' was referred to a lot, and one of the reasons that my parents approved of the Guardian and thought it would be 'good' for me was that it was pro-cycling and always had been.

(I should explain that my mum and dad had a tandem, with a sidecar, occupied by yours truly from the age of about six months. Speeds of 40mph downhill were recorded. Plus ca change.........)

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
more like a stubby little cigar tube. But squarier. Apparently my dad made it himself. A pram wheel was involved. When I was about eight he made me a go-kart, and, god rest his soul, it was a shocker. How I survived the home-made sidecar at tandem speeds.........still, seeing kids on scooters wearing crash helmets and knee pads does make me smile!

Top Bottom