Where do some people learn to drive?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I had to take my wife to collect some stuff she bought on a internet auction and on the way back, we were going along this road with cars parked on either side when. looking ahead, I noticed that two of those cars were parked opposite each other but one of them way too much towards the middle of the road , making impossible to go through. Of course I stopped and beeped my horn , thinking that the driver had just nipped out for a minute but no. I waited a while, beeped again, but no one came out. I had no choice then but to reverse all the way back to the end of the road.
Surely he must have noticed he was blocking the road? Some drivers shouldn't be driving.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
You were lucky you didn't have a queue of cars stacked up behind you!

ozboz

Guru
39154B99-DABA-4BCA-A2D7-0763CCC9E6F3.jpeg

This would sort it !!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I had to take my wife to collect some stuff she bought on a internet auction and on the way back, we were going along this road with cars parked on either side when. looking ahead, I noticed that two of those cars were parked opposite each other but one of them way too much towards the middle of the road , making impossible to go through. Of course I stopped and beeped my horn , thinking that the driver had just nipped out for a minute but no. I waited a while, beeped again, but no one came out. I had no choice then but to reverse all the way back to the end of the road.
Surely he must have noticed he was blocking the road? Some drivers shouldn't be driving.
It's very common. Some householders believe that the patch of the highway outside their houses actually belongs to them.

It's a bit sad really.

keithmac

Guru
A few years back a lorry couldn't get down our street due to shite parking. He just laid on his horn for what sounded like 10 minutes until someone came out to move a car.

It was a Saturday Morning just before I set off to work so must have been just after 8am!.

Chris S

Legendary Member
A lot of the people around here don't even know what the most basic road signs mean. When a road was made one way they still tried driving the other way for months afterwards. They've obviously never even taken a test let alone passed one.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Motorists parking on diagonally on corners, dropped kerbs and half a light year from the kerb annoy me. Plus, the now fashionable 'lets mount the pavement with two wheels'. They obviously graduated from the Couldn't-Give-A-Toss school of motoring.

D

Deleted member 26715

A lot of the people around here don't even know what the most basic road signs mean. When a road was made one way they still tried driving the other way for months afterwards. They've obviously never even taken a test let alone passed one.
But they were only driving one way, so what was the issue?
The idiot cyclist who throw their bikes on the pavement outside our small village shop gets me, bad manners or what.
I had to nip to the Co-op yesterday for some emergency Applesauce to go with Sunday lunch, as I came out I nearly went full length, 2 yoof's had laid their MTB's across the doorway nearly blocking the exit.

Best thing is they were stood there drinking the pop they had just bought inside & the shop worker who was supposed to be counting people in/out said nothing to them. I did :laugh:

Top Bottom