Where do you sport your timepiece?

Which statement best describes you?

• I wear a watch, sometimes on my left wrist, sometimes on my right wrist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear two watches, one on each wrist

• I have a number of watches all the way up my arm, wear a trenchcoat, and am known locally as Flash H

• I have a large wall clock hanging around my neck

• I have a sundial

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
As a leftie myself my uncle-a watch repairer- told me to wear any decent wristwatch on the left hand, because they are adjusted to spend most of their time with the winder pointing downwards.

Indeed. My Grandad who served his apprenticeship in watch and clock building in a posh jewellers shop many years ago always said the same thing and would often tell people off if he seen someone with a watch on the right arm.

He had so many clocks in the house that being there on the hour used to be deafening when they all started to chime. :tongue:

ACS

Legendary Member
Left handed so always worn on the right wrist

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I wear my watch on my right wrist because i'm a kind of loon or, at best, simply ignorant of what is proper. I like being a right-wrist-watch-wearin' freak!!
hyper.gif

At some point I stopped wearing them and have forgotten why, probably it broke and I was too cheap to buy another :rolleyes:

asterix

Comrade Member
The left wrist is the only way. Watches have the bezel on the right side so that you can access it with your right hand whilst still wearing it on the left wrist. If you wear it on the right wrist it is very hard to access the bezel with your left hand.

ps I feel naked without a watch on.

Have you tried wearing clothes?

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I don't wear a watch either and don't miss it at all. When I was a student, I worked in a jeweller's shop and my job on a Saturday morning was to wind all the wall clocks (obviously not the battery powered ones) and make sure they were all set to the same time. Saturday noon was very loud.

Top Bottom