Where have all the green cars gone?

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willd

Veteran
My second car was green, a bit of a wishy washy one at that :rolleyes: Not the actual car, but pretty similar, as far as I can remember ;)

1654703069129.png

How can you see it? Everybody knows that green cars are invisible.

Like F35 jets - you "literally can't see them"?

Gwylan

Veteran
My last two Land Rovers were green

View attachment 646975

Okay!, the 110s predecessor only looked green in certain light, it sometimes appeared blue, a 'flip-flop' paint that I seem to recall that LR called Atlantic Blue

View attachment 646976

View attachment 646979

Plus, I saw a very nice green Skoda Karoq, yesterday
Not this one, but it was the same colour
View attachment 646980

The visual effect is known as metamerism. Not a lot of people know that.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Like F35 jets - you "literally can't see them"?

I have a darkish green car..
It's quite a small hatchback.

Living in leafy green Devon ☘️ I do feel a bit 'invisible' sometimes, people are always pulling out in front of me in their big silvery SUVs.

It means I just drive defensively assuming no one has seen me, a bit like on the bike.

Whether that makes me safer or not, is anyone's guess.. 🤔

Badger_Boom

Über Member
How can you see it? Everybody knows that green cars are invisible.

All of them? I had one of these for a few years and it was visible from space.
9C1DF97A-AED6-4412-A079-3FD6FFA8E5C4.jpeg

Known as the "Mars Bar".

FiL Mk1 owned one, but for some strange reason px'd it for a poxy little 950cc Fiesta Popular Plus. No idea what the "Plus" was supposed to denote, it was as basic a box as you could get.

Oooh, now you've set my memory banks racing. I thought the difference was the radio console being included, but it's actually more than that.

"It featured luxuries such as a rear tailgate washer jet and wiper, a rear package tray, a centre console with clock and fabric trim, all features over and above the straight Popular version..." https://www.projectbobcat.com/model-info/mk1-ford-fiesta-popular-plus

:laugh:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I have a darkish green car..
It's quite a small hatchback.

Living in leafy green Devon ☘️ I do feel a bit 'invisible' sometimes, people are always pulling out in front of me in their big silvery SUVs.

It means I just drive defensively assuming no one has seen me, a bit like on the bike.

Whether that makes me safer or not, is anyone's guess.. 🤔

It wouldn't matter what colour your car is 'w*nkpanzer' drivers do that to everyone.:cursing:

EDIT the software turned it into 4x4, if I'm talking about a 4x4 it is generally a fence post. :whistle:

Gunk

Guru
Back in the 1080’s the height of class was either an Oak Green Golf GTi 16V or a dark metallic green E30 325i touring with a tan leather interior, the owner usually wore pink chinos and Gucci loafers!

F573FFE6-B7DD-415A-89DE-A7205C84ACB6.jpeg

05BAEDCB-DF76-4E76-BFB7-B3DD91CFEDD6.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom