Where have all the green cars gone?

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Around 14,600 new cars were green in 2020, 0.9 %, with Minis being the most popular for the colour. Almost a quarter were grey.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
It's just a fashion thing. Remember ten years ago when white was out, nobody wanted one and there were few to be seen. Now they're all over the place again.

My last two Land Rovers were green

Defender. S50 RAT. Road-Trip. North Yorkshire. Garrowby Hill. AA Box.JPG

Okay!, the 110s predecessor only looked green in certain light, it sometimes appeared blue, a 'flip-flop' paint that I seem to recall that LR called Atlantic Blue

Discovery. S50 RAT. Thwaite Mills Industrial Museum. 1.jpg

Discovery. S50 RAT. Aberford. Parlington Estate Carriage Drive. May 2003.JPG

Plus, I saw a very nice green Skoda Karoq, yesterday
Not this one, but it was the same colour
xxl_kfz805921_yb68kyg_01.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
It's supposed to be unlucky.

My Mum had a green 306 for many years and nothing untoward happened it. A neighbour had a puke-green Marina for years and nothing unlucky happened it either.

I don't believe superstition hogwash but I wonder why green cars were considered unlucky in the first place.

I would happily buy a green car. To me it would be preferable to all the bland greys and silver that seem to be the normal now.
A possible answer,
https://www.bewiser.co.uk/news/press-releases/how-safe-your-car-colour

Then there's the fact that a number of racing drivers have been killed whilst driving green cars.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
This was my first car, mind you I am only in my mid 40s, so it was a classic when I got it. It was in a considerably worse state than this,

ang.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
Rubbish picture from above but a proper green car (and yes I know my gutters need clearing :becool:)

Attachments

• 0A618073-DFB4-4E47-BC4E-DCCD3A1C0AAD.jpeg
    0A618073-DFB4-4E47-BC4E-DCCD3A1C0AAD.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom