Where have all the roadies gone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
they are the roadies

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Loads of them down here. You live in flat Essex BFB, where MTBs were the dominant mode of cycle transport when I was an Essex lad. In the hilly areas people who like to cycle soon cotton on to the fact that a lightweight roadbike is mush easier to haul around than a heavy full susser.

I was out on my road bike on Sunday morning in the pi**ing rain and howling gales! Although it'll be the MTB on Wednesday night. Riding at night I'd rather be travelling slower and land in a gorse bush or muddy puddle than hit a concrete kerb or metal car, even if the chances of coming off are much higher when MTBing.

gbb

Legendary Member
Lets face it, this is the first cold spell of winter....and i dont want to be out in it tonight either ;)
Turbo for me tonight....

This first cold snap (if you care to call it that ) bites deep....it seems MUCH colder than it really is, we're just not used to it yet. A couple weeks to become acclimatised....and orft we go

papercorn2000

What club do you ride for AA?
Do you do the bundy come the summer?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I was out in the rain on Sunday on the road bike - (only 10 miles quick spin as I had to go out) after yet another week commuting on the mtb...sooo nice to get out on a light, fast, responsive bike...saw a few others as well (roadies that is)

snorri

Legendary Member
Bigtallfatbloke said:
...so where are all the roadies?

Funny you should say that, I had been thinking the same thing, then today I saw one. He had the helmet, lycra, dark specs and funny shoes. Still, on second thoughts, perhaps he wasn't a roadie, this guy gave a friendly greeting as he passed.;):tongue:

Top Bottom