Where have all the roadies gone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Bigtallfatbloke said:
...the only cyclists I see out these days are the older chaps with panniers and beards...so where are all the roadies?

actually ive not seen anyone one their bikes on my commutes recently, reckon they are all big girls blouses :tongue:

PS I`m on a road bike BTW ;)

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
MrGrumpy said:
actually ive not seen anyone one their bikes on my commutes recently, reckon they are all big girls blouses :tongue:

PS I`m on a road bike BTW ;)

I've been out on my usual commute but i have been on my Galaxy, with panniers but no beard.

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
II went up'th North to Buxton on Saturday morning and there was a guy riding up Axe Edge with two inches of snow on the road. I drove down Long Hill towards Whaley Bridge on Sunday afternoon and there were quite a few out in the rain and mist.

I forgot how cold Buxton is compared to Bath.

Went to see my old man in hospital, he was in leek Cycling Club in the 30's, not too well at 88 but the Doc can't believe how strong his heart is.

Milzy

Guru
The sensible one's are on there Turbo's. Done all that riding through the winter, coming of on the icy roads, Hospital is the last place i want to be.:okay:
I’m glad I wasn’t on the Turbo back then. In fact it was a few years until I got into cycling. At least now the turbos are smart & not super dumb.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Holy thread revival, was CC even an entity in 2007 ? Or are the posts carried over from another forum ?

:okay:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Only if they manage to stay upright on the icy roads. 👍
The (gritted) roads for the local bus routes were okay here yesterday but everything else (ungritted) was crazily slippery. I could barely even walk across the road.

Ah... THAT'S what I can use my cheapo spare wheels for... I can put studded tyres on them for those icy days!

Reactions: mjr

raymondo60

A life behind bars
Surrey Hills pretty busy through the winter, always is. Lots of hard-core old boys on decent bikes, the usual club runs etc. Seeing lots more female riders this last year too, of all ages, which is good. Its only icey roads that keeps a dedicated roadie inside.

Top Bottom