Where is the Devil?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul_L

Über Member
Had a thought last night watching the Tour highlights. Not seen the Devil this year. I've been watching the Tour since 1987 i think and he's pretty synonomous with the race.

If i remember right he's German isn't he?

Have i just missed him or his he not there at all?

He must be knocking on a bit i guess.

User269

I saw him briefly last week on ITV4, but apart from that there's been no sign of him. He's usually standing in the 'best' place to see the action on any given stage, but that wasn't the case last week. When Armstrong turned and gave 'the look' to Ullrich on Alpe d'Huez years ago, the devil was just across the road!

Crankarm

Guru
As he looked an oldish chap and had been devilling on the tour for a few years, I hope he hasn't died and gone to Heaven ................. :angel: :evil:.

Crankarm

Guru
I saw him briefly last week on ITV4, but apart from that there's been no sign of him. He's usually standing in the 'best' place to see the action on any given stage, but that wasn't the case last week. When Armstrong turned and gave 'the look' to Ullrich on Alpe d'Huez years ago, the devil was just across the road!

You sure it was him and not an imposter devil?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
he's definitely been shown in some of the live coverage.

I can remember Phliggett saying rather dismissively that the broadcasters shouldn't show "these idiots" as they put the riders at risk by running alongside &c, so I wonder whether there's been an effort on the part of the broadcasters to diminish the amount of coverage Didi and his less famous brethren get in the Grand Tours.

Chrisc

Guru
They're trying not to film him cos he's sponsored again this year. He was there running alongside Armstrong on the last climb today tho.

david w 1

I also heard, at the begining of this years TDF, about the sponsorship issue. Weird really when you consider that the sport is only possible because of sponsors.................

Top Bottom