Where is this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Yes! It is Wivenhoe and you win the prize (the prize is feeling self-satisfied).

The buoys are on Railway Bridge, Anglesey Road. The NCN51 is all on roads and as you travel westwards you go up a steep hill and then suddenly arrive at this unmade section of road including the buoys. The route then wends through the quaint part of Wivenhoe, then you join the Wivenhoe Trail to Colchester.

We usually visit Wivenhoe by boat so it's fun to do it by bike as well.

CycleTourer

Veteran
Auntie Helen said:
Yes! It is Wivenhoe and you win the prize (the prize is feeling self-satisfied).

The buoys are on Railway Bridge, Anglesey Road. The NCN51 is all on roads and as you travel westwards you go up a steep hill and then suddenly arrive at this unmade section of road including the buoys. The route then wends through the quaint part of Wivenhoe, then you join the Wivenhoe Trail to Colchester.

We usually visit Wivenhoe by boat so it's fun to do it by bike as well.

Thought I was right. A little bit of local knowledge, we live a bit further along the NCN51 near Bury St. Edmunds. You have a nice couple of recumbents there, have you toured with yours. Always wondered what they are like, I had heard that they aren't easy on the hills, is that right?

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
CycleTourer said:
Thought I was right. A little bit of local knowledge, we live a bit further along the NCN51 near Bury St. Edmunds. You have a nice couple of recumbents there, have you toured with yours. Always wondered what they are like, I had heard that they aren't easy on the hills, is that right?
We haven't toured yet but were just speaking about it today. We have a plan to trot up to the Suffolk/Norfolk borders in 2 days having one night in Woodbridge - we can stay with relatives near Beccles/Bungay. I want to get the ferry to Holland and tour around there, y'see, but HWMBO wisely suggests we try it in England too.

Recumbents are great - it's a wonderfully comfortable bike and I don't seem to suffer from the aches and pains that other cyclists do. They are hard work up hills, I just have to choose a low gear and keep pedalling and I'm getting better all the time.

Bury would be a fairly nice day cycle from the Colchester area - p'raps we'll give it a go sometime soon!

Keith Oates

Janner
Don't know where it is but it's one heck of a garden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Okay then. Where's this?
10 points for town, 5 points for country.

tourdeurope053.jpg

Top Bottom