Where to find a specific second hand bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Feastie

Über Member
Hi everyone,

I'm after one of these: https://www.liv-cycling.com/int/avail-sl-2-2019 (in a medium)

However sadly I'm a year too late to get one first hand (it seems). I can't find them for sale anywhere. Just wondering if anybody has any tips on where I can look online for people looking to offload these second hand? I've tried ebay and gumtree with no luck, and have alerts set on both if something matching those terms comes up. I don't know if there are specific websites or places that people would recommend I search/monitor to try and see if people are upgrading their bikes and getting rid of their old ones?

Thanks a lot!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Looking for a specific bike in a specific size is never going to be easy. why dont to widen your search to other similar bikes, there’s nothing very special about this particular bike.

OP
OP
Feastie

Feastie

Über Member
Looking for a specific bike in a specific size is never going to be easy. why dont to widen your search to other similar bikes, there’s nothing very special about this particular bike.

Haha I know... I just like the dimensions of the Liv/Giant womens bikes (fit me very well) and to be entirely transparent about my superficiality, I really like the colour scheme of this bike!! :P The next release for 2020/2021 are quite plain and boring, or strangely bling with glossy handlebars. Thanks for the reply anyway! It may be that there's nothing much more I can do to try and get hold of one.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ash cycles in Eastused to have a good range of older Giant models, but with the spring Covid rush, their stocks were greatly depleted. Might still be worth a try
0208-524-0063

They have on the website but they seem to have loading issues so can’t tell what size. Just phone them in the morning :okay:

Last edited:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I would suggest waiting a while to see what starts to appear on the secondhand market. A lot of new bikes were bought earlier this year by coronacyclists wanting to get out and about. The majority of those won't keep up cycling long term, their bikes will get stuffed in their sheds for a while and eventually many will reappear on eBay, Gumtree etc. There's nothing quite like a prolonged period of cold wet weather to put people off cycling, and that's coming over the next few months.

vickster

Legendary Member
The issue with waiting is any specific LIv roadbike in medium will have likely been sold in small numbers, so hanging on may not bring any to the market.

If one comes up (like the FB link) and there’s no acceptable alternative to that bike, then snap it up!

waiting might be sensible if you don’t want the bike now, or if you’d be happy with pretty much any accessible bike in your size

Top Bottom