Where to get heart check UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
But what needs to normalise if nothing is abnormal in the first place? :scratch:
The OP isn't aware of any current health issues?

I gather OP has not done a blood test before. High ( let me say - very high) chances some indicators will be out of normal range. Unless a young adult with good diet, I will be surprised if he comes out normal. It's our general lifestyle. Not many conditions manifest themselves overtly. Kidneys are good examples until it too late.

gzoom

Über Member
Last edited:

gzoom

Über Member
Not many conditions manifest themselves overtly. Kidneys are good examples until it too late.

This is literally my day job, and whilst blood tests measure kidney function by far the biggest cause of kidney disease in the UK is blood pressure, diabetes, and underlying heart disease.

If you have a normal blood pressure, no clinical signs of diabetes on something like a urine test, and normal 12 lead ECG the chance of you having kidney disease as an older individual is very small.

Equally sadly many of the conditions that cause kidney failure not related to the above have no cure.

The biggest 'killer' in the world (including the third world), isn't infection or cancer, its cardiovascular disease. Blood pressure, smoking, weight, diabetes, family history are the biggest risk factors in cardiovascular disease.

gzoom

Über Member
Unless a young adult with good diet, I will be surprised if he comes out normal. It's our general lifestyle.

The definition of a 'normal range' on a blood test is it HAS to cover 95% of the general population regardless of age.

So actually if you live a health lifestyle regardless of your age, there is a 95% chance all your blood tests will be in the normal range......

.....I wouldn't mention Vit D :smile:.

vickster

Legendary Member
A conorary CT score would add little in the assessment of someone's who has no symptoms apart from helping to line the pockets of private health care staff.

The ESC has very good evidence based guidance on this, essentially if you have no symptoms an ECG is all you need.

https://www.escardio.org/Guidelines...rcise-in-patients-with-cardiovascular-disease

It was just part of the package he chose. He wanted to get a full check over for his own reasons and it was his money :okay:

Top Bottom