Where to go without spending money?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
I'm 18, and EVERYTHING that is done with my mates seems to cost money...cinema, pub, (admittedly going to somebody's house and buying a few tins is cheapo), clubs..

Even more of a problem if you are trying to woo some girl, then things get really expensive! Inviting somebody out for a walk along the beach doesn't appeal to most, running is hardly social/romantic and cycling - its a rare breed of us youths who cycling for fun...

Oh and the semi-naked mud wrestling doesn't appeal to many either...and football at the park is almost impossible as you will certainly have trod on at least four turds.

Wasn't really a problem when I had cash - then I took up cycling :tongue:

What money free, fun (or romantic) ideas can people come up with?

buggi

Bird Saviour
Erm.... there isn't any

Willow

you may be suprised and not everyone likes the busy places that cost money, nearly getting to my favorite bluebell time and a walk in the woods with a picnic or cooking sausages on a little stove would have certainly appealed to me. Moon walk, how romantic. Try and find a field where local football teams play that would be more likely to be free of .... any sights to see locally that you take for granted because they are in your back yard.

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
Lol I'm not looking for ideas because I'm chasing some girl who doesn't like walking along beaches....just for alternative ways to have fun which could be good for socials etc (I do some crazy stuff on my own, was only the other sunday that I went out to see how far I could wade out to sea carrying a log above my head ....not the kind of thing every sane person likes to do)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
montage said:
Lol I'm not looking for ideas because I'm chasing some girl who doesn't like walking along beaches....just for alternative ways to have fun which could be good for socials etc (I do some crazy stuff on my own, was only the other sunday that I went out to see how far I could wade out to sea carrying a log above my head ....not the kind of thing every sane person likes to do)

Nutter ! The water is freezing...............:tongue:

In Glasgow the museums and art galleries are free. I did a bit of wooing in there (and then a curator came up and said "Stop shouting "WOO" - you're annoying everyone else") - particularly Kelvingrove.

Beach parties and BBQs on the sand always went down well - sometimes with a bit of kite flying, boomerang throwing, volleyball, frisbee or other even "tig".

Just for the crack - bouldering and coasteering (when there weren't enough waves to be surfing) were good. Didn't need the gear that you do for climbing so made it cheaper. I always meant to buy an inflatable chair / crocodile or similar and use it as a canoe on some of the livelier rivers round here but never got round to it. Now I'm contemplating doing it with the kids (I just need to fatten them up some more 'cos they don't float that well just now). Improvised sports were always a laugh.

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
Just looking forward to the two months off college in summer, when beach parties and BBQs are the norm!

Loving the idea of the inflatable chair....wonder if I could cross the Solent and reach the Isle of Wight in one :tongue:

Kovu

Über Member
montage said:
lol
train spotting :angry:

Or plane spotting, people spotting, bonji spotting, bird spotting (Whichever bird you want) etc etc etc. THat would be highly boring though unless your even stranger then what it seems. :angry:xx(:biggrin:

Have the same issue though, so just end up chilling at someone's place, chilling at a park or beach or just generally riding on buses to places that we have never been to before. That's fun.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
My son and his friends, male and female, seem to have cracked low cost entertainment:

Day rover bus/rail tickets and going somewhere new
Finding pubs with free live music
Wild camping - probably in every sense of the word
Museums and art galleries - I must admit to being surprised by this one
Walks in the countryside

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Me and my gf can do inexpensive things. Going around town can be inexpensive if you dont buy anything, or just buy food.
Other non expensive thing to do is to just stay in! Me and my gf can have loads of fun just sat in watching tv, playing on the wii, playing on playstation, watch a dvd.......................

Top Bottom