Where to stick my pump?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
You could try a Lezyne Road Drive pump. It has an off-set mounting bracket that goes to one side of your bottle cage so that both pump and cage can share the same fixings. It also has a flexible Presta hose!

http://www.zepnat.co...ve_hp_black.JPG

I carry a Topeak Pocket Rocket too; in my back pocket funnily enough, its a convenient size for that although it is attached to a spare tube, I found if I didn't it was too small and light and would go flying :blush: I could mount it too the bike at the bottle cage mounts but I find it easier to remember it in my jersey regardless of what bike.

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
+1 for bracket under the bottle carrier - anything I put in my back pocket is never there at the next stop - already this year I've had to buy an new map and a pair of gloves!

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I carry a mini-pump in my jersey pocket and CO2 cartridges in the saddle bag, the trouble with larger pumps is there seems to be no room for them, the bottle cage clips seem to place the pump in line for a battering from the cranks. If I'm just pootling around I'll carry a larger pump in a back pack.

C

chillyuk

I'm with the frame pump brigade. As has been said old school but works. No clips or fastenings, and a decent handful of pump that makes pumping up tyres a breeze.

OP
OP
K

KingstonBiker

I needed to get something today for weekend rides so went for a Specialized air tool road pump (attached to a bottle cage) as it was in stock at my local Evans.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I have the air tool road too. It seems like its a good pump as I can get it up to a rideable pressure. One thing that did worry me, was thet the hole for the valve was open to dirt and general muck.

I had an old innertube, cut a 3 inch length off and slipped it over the pump, and held it in place with 2 cable ties that are loose enough so they can still slid with the innertube. With a bit of folding you can turn the innertube in on itself, sealing the valve hole from dirt and water.

JosefK

I have a Mount Zefal mini double shot pump I picked up in France and just mount it onto my frame with light plastic clips. It's small enough to be jammed into your rear pocket of your cycling jersey if you prefer.

chugsy

Topeak saddle bags have a couple of elastic straps for carrying pumps externally - whether you trust the pump to still be there when you need it is another matter!

Top Bottom