Where to this summer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redfox

As the touring board seems quite and is normally where I reside, I thought I would revive a c+ thread here.

My plan is from home to Valence, via Barcelona (good old Bikely, at least until Future decide it isn't complicated enough)

Quite exited about it actually, as I have never started a tour from my front door before. No flying, just a ferry from Portsmouth and meeting my family in Valence for a holiday afterwards.

Bigtallfatbloke

that sounds excellent...

...as I type I am planning my 'tour' around east anglia ...Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex. It's my first trip for 30 years (I was just sweet 16 last time), and I'll be riding alone with a small tent. I'm jus tpraying the weather brightens up :blush:

OP
OP
redfox

redfox

Yeah, I've got everything crossed for the weather as well. Doesn't look a whole lot better in France than here at the moment. :blush:

Tom Benson

Twisted my knee the other day but when it feels right am hoping for a leisurely tour in GB somewhere; no work till early Aug so plenty of time.

A week in the NW Highlands starting/finishing in Inverness.

Getting the train up (all 8 hours of it) - admittedly for the bargain sum of £36 return from London :?:

Does anyone have any suggestions for places not to miss? I suspect with a choice of about 2 roads I probably won't anyway...

S

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I have the luxury of being able to go out of my door, pedal 50 yards and I'm on the Danube bike path. So I might slip down to Vienna (never been there before) once I've decided when I'm having my hols.

Bigtallfatbloke

Wein is cool...but Salzburg is better imho...I'm a mozart fan and have been there twice now. Both times in winter around Christmas. It's about 2 hours train ride out of Vienna....

...just one thing about Vienna...if you travel on the metro there get the correct ticket...I got clobbered by Adolf Hitlers grandson...not a good day :?:

NickM

Veteran
I shall be representing my country in the World HPV Championships (so can you, if you have a recumbent!) at the Zolder circuit in Belgium. Then on to Bouillon in the Ardennes to explore (and to continue my Belgian beer research).

Tony

Just had a week's riding in Mallorca, but am off to Australia in October for 6 weeks to do a chunk of the WA coastline. Initial plans are Perth to Albany, then Esperance, then see how I feel....

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Just back from a weekend in Normandy...am reduced to weekends this year, although the husband is still looking favourable on a big trip next month!! Had a fab time in Normandy despite getting lost, looking to the Normandy Bridge. How can you lose something that big??

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm doing the trans pennine trail, starting next wednesday at Hornsea end. it seems a bit tame, reading what some of you guys are getting upto :?:
Hopefully it will be my first of many touring adventures

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
simon_adams_uk said:
A week in the NW Highlands starting/finishing in Inverness.

Getting the train up (all 8 hours of it) - admittedly for the bargain sum of £36 return from London :eek:

Does anyone have any suggestions for places not to miss? I suspect with a choice of about 2 roads I probably won't anyway...

S

My suggestion is to check out the midge forecast, forewarned is forearmed.

Top Bottom