Where would you have gone .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Today if it had not rained .Mind you some may be out .
Me and one of my mates were off to a little place named Hebden ,just short of Grassington .

Passed through it last year and decided to revisit today .

But along with another group we cancelled due to our barmy summer.

TVC

I'm doing exactly as planned, stopping in doing sod all. The outlaws will be round soon for tea and to meet the new cat, so I'll get busy feeding and watering them. Tomorrow is the day for me and my bike to get reacquainted.

Cat

If it wasn't raining, i would have been cycling around in the private car park at the back of my house practicing with my new road shoes and pedals.....

Got them on the bike on Thursday evening and was having a play as you do.... i released my left foot as i was coming to stop, stopped then wobbled to the right and that was it slow motion, falling to my right with my foot still clipped in... Doh! Hurt my poor little hip tho, I'm still awaiting for the bruise to appear ;)

Was funny tho.... properly would have done the same again today lol

My only worry is being on the road and totally forgetting, Ive got a 75 mile cycle ride on 13th June, i dunno what to do :troll:

Shrimp_Stu

Cat said:
If it wasn't raining, i would have been cycling around in the private car park at the back of my house practicing with my new road shoes and pedals.....

Got them on the bike on Thursday evening and was having a play as you do.... i released my left foot as i was coming to stop, stopped then wobbled to the right and that was it slow motion, falling to my right with my foot still clipped in... Doh! Hurt my poor little hip tho, I'm still awaiting for the bruise to appear ;)

Was funny tho.... properly would have done the same again today lol

My only worry is being on the road and totally forgetting, Ive got a 75 mile cycle ride on 13th June, i dunno what to do :troll:

Is that the Orchid Cycle ride in Billericay?

Hope you feel better, see you there!

I cut short a ride 8 miles in as the rain started to fall and I didnt want to get my new Orbea Onix wet. Here's hoping for dry roads tomorrow.

Cat

Shrimp_Stu said:
Is that the Orchid Cycle ride in Billericay?

Hope you feel better, see you there!

I cut short a ride 8 miles in as the rain started to fall and I didnt want to get my new Orbea Onix wet. Here's hoping for dry roads tomorrow.

Yeah is the Orchid one :smile: Done it in 2008, wanna give it another go now im 5 stone odd lighter and aim to do it in less time with no stopping for a pub lunch lol i just hope the OH can keep up, if not ill have to slow down boooo

What mileage one you doing? you doing it on your own or as part of a group?

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
We were planning on the bikes on the car and going to Rendlesham Forest, but as the weather didnt look promising, we are going tomorrow instead :smile:

Shrimp_Stu

Cat said:
Yeah is the Orchid one :smile: Done it in 2008, wanna give it another go now im 5 stone odd lighter and aim to do it in less time with no stopping for a pub lunch lol i just hope the OH can keep up, if not ill have to slow down boooo

What mileage one you doing? you doing it on your own or as part of a group?

I'm thinking of cycling from Southend to Billericay and then doing the 40mile (I did th3 40 mile last year but ended up with an extra 10 miles on top as got lost on route); that should give me 65 mile total. Trying to persuade some guys from work to sign up, but undoubtedly I'll end up on my own which is fine as I do all my cycling solo. Although, I'm doing the London - Southend with an ex-colleague.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I'd cycle as far away as possible from the never ending flow of misery, embarrassment and inadequacy that is my life.

.......Either that or wherever the mood takes me.

Top Bottom