Where's Arch??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
I was in York on saturday .

And the Japanese tourists were asking

"Where is Arch Bishop "?

I said "I have no idea where she is ,and my name is Bob".

zacklaws

Guru
User1314 said:
She has been gone for ages though. So she is cycling all round France. Takes ages to do that.

Reminds me of that Joke, but with a slight modification:-

A Teacher asked her class of seven year old's if anyone could explain the meaning of the word contagious.

Little Shannon put her hand in the air and says "When I was five I had chickenpox and had to stay at home because the doctor told my mother chickenpox was contagious."

The teacher replied "Yes Shannon that is a very good example well done."

Then young Seamus put his hand in the air and said "My next door neighbour is cycling round France and my dad said that it will take the contagious!"

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Arch is actually the Stig from Top Gear, her ruse of pretending to tour round france fools no one!

TheStigIsAGirl.jpg

Have you ever seen them both in the same room at the same time? :ohmy:

zacklaws said:
Then young Seamus put his hand in the air and said "My next door neighbour is cycling round France and my dad said that it will take the contagious!"

That took me a second to understand that joke...had to think about it first..:ohmy:

Keith Oates

Janner
craigwend said:
Arch is actually the Stig from Top Gear, her ruse of pretending to tour round france fools no one!

TheStigIsAGirl.jpg

Have you ever seen them both in the same room at the same time? :ohmy:

You're telling lies, she doesn't have a white helmet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm back! Bronzed, and, well, no heavier at least, which is a miracle, considering the amount of cheese, beer, peanuts and wine consumed.

871 miles in all, including the two legs to and from Sheffield for my lift to Portsmouth. I was way fitter than our previous trips, keeping up well, even whizzing up a few of the hills. Having a lovely new trike helped, and my homemade luggage stood up to the trip well.

I love France. In two weeks, we ate well, drank well, and people waved and smiled and applauded us as we passed. In two hours back in England, I'd had to scream at a bunch of teenagers playing chicken in front of the trike while I descended at nearly 30mph, and we'd had fish and chips, served by a lad totally without gorm. Although the chips were good.

Our weather was mixed. On average, it was perfect, but unfortunately the outliers of heat and wet were fairly extreme....

We stayed in some cracking little Chambres d'Hotes this time - cheaper than hotels and with real character. One of them had suits of armour! (It was a very old manor house). We picnicced for lunch, with fresh tomatoes, cheese, sausage and bread and fruit. I treated myself to an Opinel knife in a supermarket (it was a bargain apparently, a couple of the others got one too).

I even had a couple of conversations with real French people in French (well, sort of French). The others joked that I'd pulled, when I chatted to an 80 year old with one hand, who was on his way to the bar for a pastis at 9.30am. Just my kind of guy....

I think I could very happily cope with an extended camping tour some day.

I intend to write it all up on Crazy Guy soon for you all to read if you like.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Nice one Arch.

I'm looking forwards to my three week cycle tour in France this summer.

I'm looking at altering my riding habits should the weather get too hot by setting off much earlier in the day - some hope :biggrin:

I've been lucky with the past two French tours where the temperature wasn't too hot. Eighty five degrees in Provence was fine but the native were restless and whinging about the cold :smile:

You'll enjoy camping - cyclists get a good reception (sic) at most camp sites and owners will try to squeeze you in if the site is full.

Sounds idyllic. I'm doing the same in approximately 7 weeks' time. Your description of lunch made my mouth water...

Arch

Married to Night Train
Kirstie said:
Sounds idyllic. I'm doing the same in approximately 7 weeks' time. Your description of lunch made my mouth water...

Twice we had to shelter in a roadside barn for lunch because of the rain - the second one was utterly empty, but the first had strawbales to sit on, and nails to hang our coats on! It was very Famous Five.

It's also a nostalgic feeling, trying to find a shop to buy stuff in before they all shut for lunch etc...

Our hottest measured temperature (according to a display in a town square) was 35 C, at 6pm as we arrived in Chauvigny. Our wettest was a downpour so total we got soaked through and it was bouncing back up off the road, with thunder and lightning and all that.

No, actually, for one guy, the wettest was when he went swimming in the Atlantic (sans bike, of course). The was the same day as the downpour - 4 hours later we basked on a beach, picniccing...

All in all, a superb trip. Good company, good food, good cycling. What more could you want?

Top Bottom