Where's @theclaud?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I say you fellows......could we possibly get back on topic?

I know which is more interesting.

I envy you. Only ever saw that on telly.
And many a schoolboy remembers the coverage for one reason I am sure.
Am a big who fan

I was 12 or 13, probably too young to fully appreciate it.

It took some persuasion to get my mum to take me and a friend from school.

The concert was the first time I recall seeing an unfettered female breast.

A lass walked past me with her blouse fully unbuttoned - a throwback to the peace and love festival atmosphere.

My mother's fears of me being corrupted were obviously justified.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
You don't have to vote Tory to be a racist bigot, but you clearly didn't see his Brexit rant then... or perhaps you did and it made perfect sense...

I'll see if it's still on You Tube, though his publicity gurus probably deleted it years ago...

{Edit: To be fair Notafettler I can't find the interview I remember, so perhaps it has been deleted - all I could find was his rant about how the EU is a controlling mafia and that we'd be better off out of it- but not a mention of racism or bigotry, so, in the spirit of fairness I apologise.]

Last edited:
@Pale Rider @slowmotion
Not sure that the Who? Is how this post started!!
As an aside the Who etc music is merely noise pollution. In fact the only exception in any musical genre is Leonard Cohen and I only listen to him if Iife is going to well and I need bringing down.

I know which is more interesting.

I was 12 or 13, probably too young to fully appreciate it.

It took some persuasion to get my mum to take me and a friend from school.

The concert was the first time I recall seeing an unfettered female breast.

A lass walked past me with her blouse fully unbuttoned - a throwback to the peace and love festival atmosphere.

My mother's fears of me being corrupted were obviously justified.
Ah, clearly there were more bare breasts around than I imagined in 70s charlton and the BBC as a broadcaster of record felt that it should show just two - seem to remember a young lady hoisted on her male companion's shoulders on the TV broadcast.

Not aware that it has been shown since - pity.

Ar school I failed to persuade some schoolfriends to go to Belle View Manchester to see them - may have been vaguely around the time of Quadrophenia.

Never really had the same urge to see them live after Moon went - passed on a chance to see them in London.

A great great band - always had an anger/"heartfeltness", at least in some of their tracks, that I felt the Stones somewhat lacked.

I do remember thinking though as a teen that "won't get fooled again" (played in a school "assembly" as I recall) was a rather trite work of easy cynicism - but changed my mind after certain life experiences.

Oh, and I still envy/hate you :smile:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
No no no, I meant The Guess Who.

Doctor Who?

But... Isn't there something just a bit odd in watching old men performing My Generation! :whistle:
yes.
I used to listen to that as a teen while my compatriots were all into the pretentious likes of Yes.
I was thought very odd.
But sod Yes.
I did in later life see the buzzcocks - first time King George's Hall Blackburn as a teen. Music and performance still great when I saw them in their 30s in Clapham London, but I must admit seeing blokes in their 30s sing songs about teenage angst did seem a bit odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom