whhooopppssss....So it needs Petrol!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas

the tank engine
I was wondering why my new motorbike was being a bit silly, after my Dad having ridden it without an issue.

Perhaps a little point of starting to run out of fuel may have been an issue :biggrin:

My other bike goes quite nicely after a banana or pork pie :smile:

Thankfully I didn't end up pushing it home, but realised and was right outside a petrol station :ohmy:

Helly79

Maybe you thought you were on your push bike ROFL

Im glad you were near a petrol station, I would have hated pushing my moped to a petrol station if it ran out of gas.

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
ROFL - yup, had a similar issue many years ago on the Sprowston Road Roundabout. It ran out of fuel half way around. So I got ON the roundabout and waited for a gap in the traffic :biggrin: - The bike had a reserve setting on the fuel tap, so I managed to get it started again thankfully :ohmy:

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Helly79 said:
Maybe you thought you were on your push bike ROFL

Im glad you were near a petrol station, I would have hated pushing my moped to a petrol station if it ran out of gas.

AndyCarolan said:
ROFL - yup, had a similar issue many years ago on the Sprowston Road Roundabout. It ran out of fuel half way around. So I got ON the roundabout and waited for a gap in the traffic :ohmy: - The bike had a reserve setting on the fuel tap, so I managed to get it started again thankfully :smile:

Annoyingly the old girl doesn't have a fuel warning thingymagic...so it'll probably happen again :biggrin:

Reserve will do the trick though, unless I'm someone remote.

Done this...

Picked up a new bike and rode it about 20 miles on a detour going home when it spluttered to a halt..... and Irately phoned the dealer.

That's when I found out that the "full tank of petrol" is a full reserve tank!

Ranger

thomas said:
Annoyingly the old girl doesn't have a fuel warning thingymagic...so it'll probably happen again :laugh:

Reserve will do the trick though, unless I'm someone remote.

But don't forget to switch it back to main, not that I have done anything of the sort:blush:

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Thankfully the bike is kick start, so when I was holding up everyone getting her going again it was pretty obvious what was going on :laugh: (so no irate honking).

Need to mount the muvi to the bike today.

Ranger said:
But don't forget to switch it back to main, not that I have done anything of the sort:blush:

haha...I did :sad:

The Velvet Curtain said:

haha, an old friend of mine would have probably have said the same ...You silly boy pike!!

Crankarm

Guru
thomas said:
Thankfully the bike is kick start, so when I was holding up everyone getting her going again it was pretty obvious what was going on :laugh: (so no irate honking).

Need to mount the muvi to the bike today.

haha...I did :sad:

haha, an old friend of mine would have probably have said the same ...You silly boy pike!!

Nice story Thomas with no bad ending, but it is "You stupid boy Pike!"

Proto

Legendary Member
Mate of mine came over from the states and hired a Buell. Rode it two hundred yards to the nearest petrol station and filled it it up with ................. Diesel!"

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
User3143 said:
Remember to top up with oil as well, and make sure you use the right oil - two stroke (I presume)?

yeah, it had all that done when I bought it from the dealer :ohmy:.

Just spent a whopping £3.71 on petrol, filled it to the brim. Just about managed over the 2 litre min :evil:

Hopefully that'll last a few weeks!

Top Bottom