Which 700x23c Tyre?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was a fan of the Krylions and thought that the Lithions would be rubbish, being available at virtually half the price. In fact, I was very pleasantly surprised and so have several other riders I know who tried them after I started using them.

I think I only got a couple of punctures in my last 4,000 miles of cycling and one of those was because I hadn't noticed that the tyre was worn out. (It was a rear tyre and most of it was hidden by a mudguard.) The other was caused by a big shard of glass which would have defeated most tyres.

They grip well. (I haven't skidded in thousands of miles of using them in dry or wet conditions.)

They wear pretty well.

They are comfortable enough if you choose sensible tyre pressures.

I haven't noticed them feeling particularly sluggish. I couldn't tell you how they compare to the very best tyres, but unlike other cheap tyres that I have used, I never found myself thinking that they felt like hard work.

They are cheap. Why not try a pair? You might end up a convert like me and my pals.
The one on my old fixie p'tured all the time, the one on my good bike touch wood hasn't p'tured, given the price though Id say they are good VfM :-) My choice this time however has been to replace with the more expensive Pro 4 Endurance as in the long term they offer, for me at least, better VfM.

doog

Im currently using Rubino pros on the two road bikes, my commuting tyre of choice for years was the bontrager lite hard case but I dont commute any more.....

Tyre maintenance is the key imho, after a ride ive got me specs and a head torch on and im pulling flint and bits out of the tyre....its kind of a ritual now an quite theraputical

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
I am currently awaiting a small packet of Haribo sweets, along with a pair of Schwalbe Lugano's. They are going to replace the worn out Vittoria Zaffiro's on my Boardman Road Race after about 6500 kms. The V. Z's have been very good, but I'm giving the Lugano's a try partly because they are lighter, and I'm interested to see if the lighter tyres really do make a difference to my riding.

And they've got blue shoulders.

My tupence, 10,000 miles on the front 700x23c no incident, rear 700x25c 2 pinch punctures inside 5,000 miles the second so hard it dented the rim and took a chunk out of the tyre, still ok though, replacement 25c 5,000 or so miles without incident, sort of speaks for itself really.

Top Bottom